The Archives of Clinical Psychiatry was founded in 1972 by A. C. Pacheco e Silva, Fernando de O. Bastos, J. Carvalhal Ribas, and J. R. de Albuquerque Fortes.
The mission of the Archives of Clinical Psychiatry is to provide relevant clinical information and clinically oriented research, including also basic research, whose results have potential implications for clinical practice. The scope of the journal encompasses: Human Sciences, Basic and Clinical Neuroscience, and Clinical Psychiatry. The Archives of Clinical Psychiatry strives to inform and to educate mental health care professionals and to stimulate debates and further exploration into the nature, causes, treatment, and public health importance of mental health issues.
The Archives of Clinical Psychiatry is a peer-reviewed scientific journal published 6 times a year.
Its abbreviated title is Arch. Clin. Psychiatry (São Paulo)., and it should be used in bibliographies, footnotes, references and bibliographic strips.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to all published content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The journal has neither article processing charges nor submission processing fees.
- ISI (Institute for Scientific Information)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- EMBASE – Excerpta Medica database
- LILACS – Literatura Latino-americana e do Caribe de Informação em Ciências da Saúde
- PERIODICA – Índice de Revistas Latino-americanas em Ciências
- SIIC – Sociedad Iberamericana de Información Científica
- Scopus (www.scopus.com)
- PsycINFO – American Psychological Association
All content of the journal, except where identified, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type BY-NC.
This journal is funded by:
- Departamento e Instituto de Psiquiatria da Faculdade de Medicina – Universidade de São Paulo
- MCTI /CNPq /MEC /CAPES – Apoio a Publicações Científicas